Monday, May 4, 2009

Happy Birthday?

Today is my birthday. A national holiday of sorts. I'm kind of a big deal if you haven't noticed. Anyway, birthdays are fun and I am thankful for the well wishes and family gatherings to honor the day I was born. Now I'm over 30 with two small children of my own and a wife. I am just glad to be around and do not want anyone to make a fuss over my birthday. I would much rather take the kids out of preschool and go to the zoo or their favorite kids "fun place" for pizza and sodas. I think unfulfilled dreams and impatience has a part to play in this feeling. I need to decide am I getting older or better. Right now I'm on a good roll. I'm getting closer but I feel like I'm down 20 in a basketball game at the start of halftime. Achieving my goals is attainable but its going to take focus...unrelenting focus! Its also going to take some mistakes by the other side. I am focused. The other side (creditors, government, economy, weight, home repairs, cars, money, politicians, market, etc.) is making mistakes in many cases. Now is my time to seize the day! Because I'm 33 I can not help but be reminded of Jesus and when he realized the height of his power. It was not when he was baptized or performed his first miracles, it is after he died and rose again with all power! Don't get me wrong I am not wishing physical death on myself! I am wishing death to all that holds me back. My fears, my physical attributes, my lack of insight, discomfort. I'm closer than I've been in a long time. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...Happy Birthday Marv!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday NUPE, Good stuff. Keep it up, consistency is the brother of focus may you be blessed in all your endeavors!

    ReplyDelete